Friday, May 13, 2011

iOS 4.3.3 WiFi Issues With iPhone And iPad

Some new reports surfaced on Apple Support Communities. iPhone, iPod touch and iPad users claiming WiFi connectivity issues for their devices which running iOS 4.3.3, they noticed that their devices failed to
connect to a network or unable to navigate. Moreover, WiFi icon disappeared from status-bar even if the device is actually connected.


Personally, I did notice my iPhone 4 keeps disconnecting from my home network (running on an AirPort Extreme station) a few times every day. It’s kind of annoying as the disconnection lasts between 30 seconds and 1 minute, but like I said it’s not happening more than 3 or 4 times a day — surely not “all the time.” On my iPad 2, WiFi signal is stable (doesn’t drop) but it’s lower than before even a few meters away from my router. Again, these are issues I wasn’t experiencing on iOS 4.3.1 or 4.3.2 and definitely seem to fall in line with Apple Support Communities’ discussion threads.
Sample from Apple discussions forum:
My iphone 4 been running on 4.3.1 smoothly until I upgraded my software to 4.3.3 this week.
I cannot connect to my wifi(apple timecapsule) all my other devices still running 4.3.1 can connect.
But don't worry, if these WiFi issues affected wide range users, surely, Apple will release an iOS update to fix this issue. Please let me know if you experienced such issues.
                                                                                                                                                    [via MacStories]

No comments:

Post a Comment