Wednesday, March 23, 2011

What's Baseband And How To Find It ?

I am new to iPhone 4 . I would like to jailbreak but am unsure what is my baseband ?. Software version is 4.2.1. I am not looking to unlock or should I say not sure if that is needed. Like I said I am new to iPhone. Any tips would be appreciated.

Charles



Answer :
What is the baseband ?
iPhone baseband is essentially the cellular modem firmware that is on your iPhone. You’ll probably have heard of baseband upgrades, the purpose of these upgrades is to improve the functionality of the cellular modem and also to keep the device locked to the intended carrier (in the USA, this is AT&T).
How to find it ?


In Homescreen goto Settings , Select General then About , at the bottom you will see Modem Baseband . Please note that Modem Baseband is not applicable for devices like iPod Touch and iPad WiFi Only models

For more news coverage, you can follow us on Twitter or become a fan on our Facebook page, we will keep you updated with posts over the web.

No comments:

Post a Comment